With any technology that we’re not knowledgeable about there is a tendency to dismiss it as not as good as the stuff we do know about it. However, when we’re talking about replacing a style of heating that has been around for decades, it’s understandable that some of us are a little resistant.
So, what do electricians need to know about infrared heating?
- Infrared heating is efficient. It has a different type of efficiency to technology such as air source heat pumps where COP (co-efficient of performance) is quoted. But where will infrared heating save money? See the graphic below…
- Specifying infrared heating is no more complex than specifying traditional heating. We still need to consider building construction, heat loss, use of the room etc. We calculate in Watts per m3 rather than using BTUs, but the calculation is not any more complex. If you need some help. Give us a call
- Installation is simple, whether it is a commercial installation or a domestic installation, the process is straightforward and simple. You can fix Infrared heaters on the ceiling or on the walls (picture height).
- Controls are very simple to install. We build our control systems specifically for each customer and we supply everything pre-paired and labelled for the space it will be installed in. No running round the building pairing devices or trying to work pout why devices are not pairing. Saves you time and money.
- Support – Jigsaw infrared are here to support you. Whether that’s initial specification, or support during installation we’re here, we’re experts and we give you the support you need to simplify your day and keep your jobs profitable.
With the switch off of mains gas for new build properties from 2025 and the move from many local authorities to decarbonisation and electrification of heating, infrared heating is here to stay.
If you would like to join one of our half day training courses (FREE) to prepare yourself and have all your questions answered please get in touch. Book onto our What do Electricians Need to Know about Infrared Heating course. Available on line or at our offices.