1. What form of heating did you have before (electric, convection, storage etc.)?
Oil heater and air conditioner heating
2. Are you referring to the kilowatts (kW) used to calculate the percentage saved?
3. What is the best feature of the infrared heating?
Keeping the rooms at a constant temperature, never too hot or too cold
4. How do you use the thermostats? Are they left to a set temperature or turned up and down when you want them?
For the first 2 weeks set at 21 until the rooms warmed up. Then we have them at 16 over night and 19 in the mornings and evenings. Keeps the house pleasant and hardly switches on through the day and night just peak times it switches on. It’s the same in the UK. Our first 3 months was expensive to run as our home had been empty for a few years. We have been in the house 3 years now and the house is always warm and very economical to run.
5. Would you change anything about the product or the installation?
For us personally everything is fine. But to keep installation prices down would it be better to put in larger heaters? For instance we have 2 in one bedroom. Would one heater do the same job? I’m glad we had them wall mounted and not on the ceiling. The bathroom ones are great on the ceiling though.